1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If
you are close enough to use it, do!
2. Learned this from a tourist guide to New Orleans: If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you..... Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. THEN RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car: Kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON'T DO THIS! A predator may be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOOR AND LEAVE.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot or parking garage:
a. Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger-side floor, and in the back seat.
b. If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
c. Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall or work, and get a guard/ policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are a perfect
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you, (a running target), 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP IT! It may get you raped or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well- educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.